Those gorgeous people at Etihad airways have just announced that pets can now be carried on board in the aircraft passenger cabins – Its a whoop from us!
Etihad stated, the pets “Must be at least 16 weeks old and weigh no more than 8kg including the carrier” travellers must be aged 18 and above and travel with them.
Official documentation and veterinary paperwork are a necessity with the flying passenger ensuring “all entry and exit regulations for the country they are flying to and from” are met.
All pets must be booked in online 72 hours before the flight and checked in 3 hours before and the https://www.etihad.com/content/dam/eag/etihadairways/etihadcom/Global/pdf/petc-forms/Live-Animals-On-Board-Booking-Form.pdf. Must be completed and submitted 72 hours before departure. The pet travel bag or kennel must not exceed 40 x 40 x 22cm (L x W x H) to fit under your seat in Economy. Those dimensions can increase to 50 x 43 x 50cm if you have purchased an adjacent seat, when flying business class.
Etihad have issued the following guidelines
BEFORE you travel with your pet in the cabin, Please ensure
- You have checked all entry and exit regulations for the countries you are flying to and from
- All applicable veterinary examinations or treatments have been completed
- You have asked your vet about any medication that may need to be administered to your pet during the journey
- Have all the official documents required for your pet to travel
- You have registered your pet for carriage in the cabin no later than 72 hours before your flight and have received confirmation of pet acceptance
- Your pet is familiar with the IATA travel carrier
- You have a lead and a suitable harness or collar available
- You have dry pet food in a sealed container in your cabin baggage
- To help to keep your pet calm as they fly, we suggest placing a snuggle blanket, an old item of your clothing or your pet’s favourite toy in the IATA carrier with them