Transfer of Residence in Canada - CBSA

Expert Assistance for a Seamless Return with Relocate MENA

As you plan your return to Canada as a resident with your household goods and effects, Relocate MENA is here to help you navigate the customs process, ensuring a stress-free and efficient experience. In this guide, we will outline the key steps and requirements of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) process for importing your belongings duty-free and tax-free.

Understanding the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Process

The CBSA process is a vital component of the relocation process for individuals returning to Canada with their household goods and effects. By meeting specific eligibility criteria, this process enables you to import your belongings without paying import taxes and duties. It’s crucial to familiarize yourself with the requirements to ensure a seamless customs clearance experience.

Applying for Duty-Free and Tax-Free Import with the Personal Effects Accounting Document (PEAD)

To be eligible for a duty-free and tax-free import of your household goods, you need to complete and submit Form BSF186 (Personal Effects Accounting Document), also known as the PEAD. This form requires you to provide your personal details, Canadian address, and a detailed inventory of the items you plan to bring with you.

Once completed, you must submit the form to the CBSA, which will review your application. If approved, you can then share this information with your chosen moving company, like Relocate MENA, to facilitate the customs clearance process for your household goods and effects.

Why Choose Relocate MENA for Your Canada Border Services Agency Needs

At Relocate MENA, we have a deep understanding of the intricacies of the CBSA process and offer expert guidance and support to our clients. Our team will:

Choose Relocate MENA for your repatriation needs and let us handle the CBSA process, along with the moving of your personal goods and effects.

Contact us today to begin your journey back to Canada.